Tyrrell Historical Library – Beaumont, Texas City Offices
Captain W. C. Tyrrell purchased the First Baptist Church and donated the building to the city for a library in 1923.
The library opened in 1926. It served as the main public library for the city until 1974, when the new library opened. At that time, it became the Tyrrell Historical Library, with a Texana collection and genealogical collection.
In 1987, restoration of the Tyrrell was adopted as a high priority and the restored Tyrrell reopened on July 19, 1990. In addition to the Texana and genealogical book collections, it contains outstanding archives centering on Southeast Texas.